Guava leaves are extraordinary when it comes providing various health benefits.
They are excellent source of potassium, vitamin A and C, lycopene and healthy fiber.
We present you 17 incredible benefits from guava leaves
1. Tea from guava leaves can reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol without affecting the levels of HDL (good) cholesterol
2. Use guava leaf tea for treating coughs and bronchitis
3. Relieve itching caused by allergies by applying crushed guava leaf onto the affected area
4. Do the same thing to relieve the itching caused by insect bites
5. Boil guava leaves and let them cool at a room temperature. Apply them on your scalp with gentle massages to prevent further hair loss, and to stimulate hair growth
6. You can suppress your appetite and thus lose some weight if you consume tea from guava leaves, as it prevents carbohydrates to turn into sugar.
7. The tea from guava leaves is excellent for upset stomach, and help in cases of food poisoning
8. Guava leaf tea possesses strong antimicrobial features, so it’s effective in the treatment of dysentery and diarrhea
9. It is also considered that this tea is effective in treating cancer and enlarged prostate
10. Guava leaf tea is recommended for men struggling with fertility problems
11. You can also use this tea to heal pimples and acne, as guava leaves are rich in Vitamin C.
12. You can treat minor cuts like abrasion or scrapes and avoid infections by applying crushed guava leaves on the affected area. Moreover, guava leaf tea can be used for treating an outer ear infection. Prepare the tea, allow it cool and then put some of it on the affected area.
13. Guava leaves are great for treating dengue. Boil nine leaves in five cups of water, until you notice the water has reduced by half.
14. Tea from guava leaves lowers the levels of blood sugar and doesn’t stimulate secretion of insulin, so it’s great for diabetics.
15. You can relieve inflamed gums, toothache, and sores in your oral cavity by chewing some guava leaves.
16. You can use guava leaves instead of your typical face scrub. Just crush several leaves and stir in a small amount of water to remove your blackheads naturally.
17. The same method provides incredible results for prevention of premature skin aging.
As you can see, guava leaves provide various benefits, so start using them today.